Top Benefits of a Virtual Train the Trainer Programme
According to the Association for Talent Development (ATD), companies that offer full and comprehensive training programs benefit from a 218% higher income than companies that offer no formalized training. And the benefits of training programs such as Train the Trainer don’t stop there.
So, is it so surprising that so many organizations are incorporating VILT into their L&D offers? We say, no.
Train the Trainer programs have been gaining in popularity steadily in recent years but the appearance of COVID-19 meant the world went through an irrevocable shift overnight into the virtual world. Thus, Virtual Train the Trainer Programmes were rapidly launched into the mainstream L&D market.
If you are still debating whether to get on board with this virtual training movement, here are 4 reasons why it can benefit your organization.
Case study: Read on how VTT designed and delivered a bespoke Virtual Train the Trainer Programme for Discovery Bank Ltd, SA.
Why Virtual Train The Trainer Programmes (TTT) Benefit Business
- Pre Covid travel was being reduced by many companies as they became increasingly aware of their carbon output, but also to fit within budget requirements. Now that travel has become even more restricted or feared, supplying training virtually is certainly a benefit.
- VILT is a hugely inclusive way of learning; it provides learning for all, no matter where colleagues are based.
- Virtual learning that is live and interactive is the best option available for all in this new remote working world. It allows training to continue, even during challenging times like the pandemic.
- VILT can equal or be a superior replacement for F2F delivery better than eLearning as it includes live practice, q&a and facilitates the sharing of experiences
We asked some of our previous participants to give their thoughts on our Train the Trainer Programme
The benefits of Virtual TTT programs are significant to most organizational structures and thankfully this approach also benefits the individual training colleague greatly.
Seasoned and skilled F2F trainers are needing to ‘go virtual’ and quickly. Just transferring F2F materials to an online status will not guarantee success. Using F2F training approaches won't work well in the virtual world and can even be a detriment to the learning process. Some organizations we talk to are reporting they are halting ‘new’ virtual training programs run by untrained virtual trainers due to the poor feedback and lack of engagement they are delivering. Brilliance in the F2F environment is just not guaranteed to travel to the virtual training world
To become skilled at creating quality learning transfer a would-be virtual trainer should look to participate in a recognized and certified course, to obtain the following benefits.
Why Virtual Train the Trainer Programmes Benefit Trainers
- Trainers learn how to effectively convert their training to virtual successfully
- Trainers learn how to deliver their necessary training programs, effectively and efficiently online, using their chosen virtual training platform
- It helps trainers to meet and navigate restrictive training budgets to full effect
- Builds trainer confidence in delivering virtually and seamlessly using the available tech
- Provides the means and skill set to achieve equal or better learning transfer for participants
- Through the Train the Trainer Programme, trainers learn how to specifically design their materials for online interaction
- With the VTT Train the Trainer Programme, learn from 10+ years, seasoned L&D professional in the Virtual Training field.
Providing your trainers with the ability to disseminate and develop new skills is the hallmarks of a great company, and allows them to become true professionals. The advantages above are by no means entirely inclusive of all the benefits offered by a virtual Trainer the Trainer Programme, but hopefully, they have provided you enough incentive to inspire the further development of others.