Growing so fast that you need a virtual onboarding process is a good problem to have. The Virtual Training Team was there to help this global tech company build the unbeatable virtual onboarding programme they needed.
- Challenge:Deliver and improve on some of the onboarding using virtual and hybrid training methodology.
- Solution:Develop existing onboarding process and transition it into the virtual environment.
- Result:The new onboarding process better reflects their working practices and business culture as a whole.
A virtual tech company got in touch with us to help them build a virtual onboarding program. They’d grown in recent years. Up until this point, they were using an expensive in-person onboarding process that involved a 2-week stay in one of their US or European hubs. As you’d expect from a global player, remote working was becoming commonplace. So much so that their 3rd largest office was remote. So, taking their onboarding training virtual made sense.
1x travel reduction costs
- Sustain and further develop an inclusive approach to onboarding.
- New hires not wanting to spend two+ weeks away from home.
- Deliver some of the onboarding using virtual and hybrid training methodology.
- Improve the onboarding experience for new hires globally.
- Train internal trainers to deliver parts of the onboarding process virtually.
- Develop existing onboarding process and transition it into the virtual environment
- Train the internal training team to deliver the virtual onboarding process effectively
- Creating more hybrid and virtual sessions with the internal training team as well as:
- TTT Delivery Masterclass
- TTT Platform Masterclass
- TTT Creating Interaction Masterclass
- 20+ internal trainers benefited from a comprehensive TTT program.
- The onboarding process became more inclusive through reduced travel and stay-away time.
- Significant reduction of both travel and accommodation costs.
- The new onboarding process better reflects their working practices and business culture as a whole.