A personal development consultant in Zimbabwe with over 25 years’ face to face training experience, started getting interest from clients to deliver training virtually, as a result of the pandemic.
- Client:Paxina Kalulu
- Situation:A personal development consultant in Zimbabwe with over 25 years face to face training experience, started getting interest from clients to deliver training virtually, as a result of the pandemic.
- Challenge:With no prior experience delivering virtual training, Paxina needed our help to develop her skills ready for her first virtual client.
- Solution:Paxina attended our virtual train the trainer programme for facilitators with a mix of L&D and training professionals.
- Result:After adopting many of VTT’s train the trainer methodologies, Paxina gained the confidence in virtual delivery she was seeking to structure and deliver her own virtual programme.
As a result of the pandemic, Paxina, a personal development coach of 25 years, found her clients requesting virtual training via Zoom, and as a self-confessed ‘technophobe’ she knew that she needed to find a way to develop her skills and transition them into the world of virtual training. Paxina approached The Virtual Training Team (VTT) having explored and been impressed by our YouTube channel and was keen to develop her virtual training skills to take her own programme online. VTT worked with Paxina to develop the foundational principals of virtual training outlined and demonstrated throughout our virtual train the trainer (TTT) programme, to find structure within her own virtual training and give her the confidence to not only design but to deliver interactive and engaging virtual sessions. Throughout the programme, Paxina was provided with a safe space to experiment with new virtual tools and techniques, which resulted in her gaining the confidence to book her first virtual client. After completing the programme, Paxina reported that she was not only pleased with the new skills she had gained, but that she had felt an overwhelming feeling of connectedness throughout the programme, despite being located remotely – she was also pleased to join our WhatsApp community of trainers for ongoing peer support.
15 Hours of Delivery
- No experience delivering training virtually previously
- Little knowledge of their chosen platform Zoom
- Based outside of the UK, in Zimbabwe
We recommended that Paxina attend out virtual train the trainer programme, specifically designed to support experienced classroom trainers transition their skills into virtual training. We did this through 15 hours of live virtual masterclasses: Virtual delivery, Virtual design, Creating interactions and 2 x practical sessions to help Paxina to deliver incredible live and interactive virtual training experiences.
- VTT Virtual training values have helped to re-structure Paxina’s own training
- Delivered virtually, so being based in Zimbabwe was never an obstacle
- Learnt more about Zoom functionality to create engagement and interaction
- Went from technophobe to confidently able to deliver training virtually
- The confidence to book a first virtual client
- Despite being remote, she felt an overwhelming feeling of connectedness throughout the programme
- Paxina loved our VTT principals and is implementing them across both her virtual and classroom delivery
- “I would definitely return because I had a very good experience with VTT and what I have learned is now being implemented within my own work. Friendly, comfortable and excellent.” Paxina Kalulu